Where do I want to go from here with YarnyBookkeeper.com?
I immediately had the lyrics to “Born to Be Wild” going through my head….
Get your motor runnin’
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way
Gonna make it happen
Day 3 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Today’s suggested topic was to write about your future and where you want to take your blog/website.
Now don’t ask me how (or why) today’s topic prompted the lyrics to Born to be Wild to pop into my head…..
Who say’s bookkeepers/number crunchers are dry, boring and have no sense of humor? LOL
Anyway, now it’s time to get serious. Because “Where do I want to take YarnyBookkeeper.com” is a serious question.
I started this website the end of 2017 because there was little to no information about how to handle bookkeeping and “other behind the scenes STUFF” for handmade business owners.
The information that was out there was CRAP! It was either:
- Outdated. Information that was 3-5 years old.
- Vague. You need to keep track of Income & Expenses.
- Or, just plain wrong! Offering a free bookkeeping spreadsheet that included Sales Tax you collected as Income.
So, the anal bookkeeper in me decided to do something about it – and teach handmade and creative business owners about bookkeeping and how to do it right.
Since the end of 2017, I’ve written 90 blog posts about bookkeeping, accounting terms, sales tax, etc.
Yes, my consistency has kinda sucked.
In the big scheme of things I have a:
- small email list – under 200 people
- Facebook group with a little over 250 members (many who aren’t newsletter subscribers)
- fairly active Instagram account with new followers every day
But, where do I want to go from here, with YarnyBookkeeper.com?
It’s been a question I’ve been asking myself for the last couple of months (I wrote a little about that in Day 1 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge) and I’ve been getting myself organized.
I still don’t have all the answers yet, but I know what I’d like to do and what I need to do.
So, here’s where I want to go from here.
- Grow my following. Which means be more active on social media.
- Teach people how to do their bookkeeping properly. By writing more blog posts and doing more short FaceBooks lives (that I’ll add to my YouTube channel). Currently these lives are only for members of my Facebook group.
- Finish up/revise my “How to Design a Bookkeeping System for your handmade or creative business” course. I admit, I’ve been neglecting this.
So, it’s time for me to:
Get my motor runnin’
Head out on the internet! (I bet you thought I was going to say “head out on the highway”!)
FYI, I don’t have a motorcycle anymore. I gave both of them up almost 20 years ago 🙁 when the vision got worse and tri-focals became part of my daily life. Hopefully the husband & I will get the bike out this weekend and go for a ride though.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!