Effective October 1, 2017
The privacy of our visitors is extremely important to us – if you sign/subscribe to our newsletter – we will not rent, sell, or share your information with others.
Log Files – as with most other websites, we collect and use generic information about you in log files. The information that is in the log file includes your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider (AOL, Shaw Cable, etc.), the browser you used to visit our site with (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc.), the time you visited our site, which pages you visited, and what country you live in.
Affiliate Links & Third Party Advertisers – we do use 3rd party advertisements on yarnybookkeeper.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they display an ad on our site – which will send the advertisers (such as Google through the AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you use, and in some cases whether or not you have Flash installed. We have no access to or control over cookies that are used by third party advertisers.
Revised May 23, 2018
Who we are:
This website https://yarnybookkeeper.com is owned and operated by Nancy Smyth of Fanciful Things, LLC of West Charleston, VT 05872. The Yarny Bookkeeper is part of Fanciful Things, LLC.
What personal data we collect, why we collect it, and how we use it:
- Information you voluntarily submit to the website. We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store your name, the username that you create, but your password is not visible in our records.
- Information we collect from others. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software such as MailChimp (when you sign-up for our newsletter) or PayPal (when you purchase a course or other fee-based offerings), they will transfer information to use for fulfillment.
- Automatically collected information. We automatically collect certain information about you and the device you use to access this website. For example, when you visit this website, we will log your IP address, operating system, browser used, referring website, the pages you viewed, and the date/time that you visited. We may also collect information about the actions you take when using the website, such as the links you clicked.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored in your browser by the website. We use both session cookies (which expire when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay in your browser until you delete them) in order to provide you with a more personal experience on the website.
How your information may be used:
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
To operate and maintain the website:
- To create your user account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account.
- To send you promotional information, such as a newsletter (send via MailChimp). Each email promotion will provide you with information on how to opt-out (stop receiving) future mailings.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the website.
- To process payment for purchases you make through the website via PayPal.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of personal information:
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the website may use third party service provider services for various aspects of this website. Each third party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their own privacy policies. This website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Analytics reporting via Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/analytics/ this service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on this website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured.
- Payment Processing via PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/us/home this service is used to serve our ecommerce platform. At no time is your banking or credit card information passed onto this website. We receive only the information used for order fulfillment. (To be implement in the fall of 2018).
- Newsletter via MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/ this service is used for the delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications. You may opt out (unsubscribe/request to stop receiving) our newsletter at any time using this link – https://yarnybookkeeper.us17.list-manage.com/unsubscribe/
- Education platforms via Thinkific or Webinar Ignition – to gain access to your courses through The Yarny Bookkeeper. This will be implemented in the fall of 2018).
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third party applications. This list can/will be amended from time to time at the owners discretion.
Except, when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your name, email address, or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through this website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
Occasionally we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you specifically, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of anonymous data may include analytics or information from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Users may, at any time, prevent the settings of cookies, by the website, by using a setting in your browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via a browser or other software program. This option is available in all popular browsers. However, if uses deactivate the setting of cookies, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
- Display Ads – we may use third party advertising companies to serve content and advertisement to you when you visit the website, which may contain cookies. No personally identifiable information is shared with the ad providers.
- Affiliate Program Participation – the website may engage in affiliate marketing (which is clearly identified), which is done by embedding tracking links or codes into the website. If you click on a link for an affiliate ad, a cookie will be placed in your browser to track any sales for the purpose of receiving commissions.
The Yarny Bookkeeper is a participant in the ShareASale and Ads by Google programs, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertsing fees/commissions by displaying advertisements and links to selected companies. As part of these affiliate programs, the website will post or display customized links provided by ShareASale and Google, to track the referrals to their website. These programs utilize cookies to track visits for the purpose of assigning commissions on sales.
- Newsletters – you may subscribe to our newsletter via MailChimp, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking information. This information is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of the tracking information, we may see if and when you open an email and which links withing the email you click on. This also allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to meet the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Your rights related to your personal information
- Opt Out – you may at any time, opt out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – you may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amend/Update – you may contact email@example.com to amend or update your personal information
- Forget – in certain situation, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note – we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
This website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated May 23, 2018.