Ok, so maybe that’s a HUGE stretch of the imagination! And you might be laughing hysterically at this point.
But, making a snarly face when you look at that pile of paperwork that needs to be put into some sort of bookkeeping system isn’t going to make it go away — any more that those loose ends will weave themselves in.
Maybe you’re just confused & overwhelmed with all this “bookkeeping” stuff . . . OR . . maybe you just HATE the mere thought of bookkeeping?
I get it, bookkeeping can be confusing and overwhelming. And ya, a LOT of people hate the thought of having to do any sort of bookkeeping task.
After all, none of us were born with a magic bookkeeping gene.
But good bookkeeping processes should make you happy. Imagine how awesome you’ll feel when you:
- – do the math and are positive that you’re going to make a profit on that amazing shawl you just finished
- – look at the Net Income on your Profit & Loss Report and see that you actually made money this month (quarter or year)
- – run a report and see how many copies of pattern X you’ve sold since you released it
- – work the numbers to actually come up with a Fair Hourly Wage that includes your overhead costs
All of those things are something to smile about!
Hi, I’m Nancy. A career bookkeeper and handmade business owner – just like you. My goal is to help handmade & creative business owners learn:
- – How to AVOID 10 Handmade Business myths
- – When you should start a bookkeeping system
- – Why you need to keep good bookkeeping records
- – If your bookkeeping needs are simple or complex
- – The things you MUST track vs. those that you want to track in your bookkeeping system
- – Creating a bookkeeping system that meets the needs of YOUR unique handmade business
- – If spreadsheets or real bookkeeping software is right for you
- – How to enter the day to day transactions
- – And, how to keep the IRS happy. You don’t wan to piss off the “Tax Man”!
Once you’ve learned these things:
- – You can STOP snarling at all that paperwork
- – Get that paperwork off your desk and into a bookkeeping system
- – You’ll be able to make sound financial business decision.
- – You can get back to creating beautiful things!
P.S. Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter below.