Have you been thinking of ditching the spreadsheets and using bookkeeping software (like QuickBooks) to handle the bookkeeping needs of your handmade or creative business?
Now is the perfect time to start getting your bookkeeping under control and get it better organized for the upcoming year.
- your business really grew last year and things got out of hand and you couldn’t keep up
- your bookkeeping was something you just kept putting off
- you downloaded a simple 1 or 2 page spreadsheet and got totally frustrated with it
- you couldn’t make that spreadsheet that you downloaded “work for you”
- you just think that there has to be a better way
Whatever is going on – know this – if you have a business YOU MUST do the bookkeeping!
Did you know:
- There is NO one bookkeeping system that is right for everyone? As makers and designers the things that you want to track and the things that you have to track are going to be totally different. No one is going to have that exact same Chart of Accounts or that list of Assets, Liabilities, Owner’s Equity, Income, Cost of Goods Sold, Expenses and Other Income/Expenses. There will be similar things for everyone, but depending on WHAT you do and how you do it, there are going to be a LOT of differences.
- That real business financials include two main reports. A Profit & Loss (or Income Statement) AND a Balance Sheet? A Profit & Loss provides information about how much money you made, how much it cost you to make that money, much you spent on other business related stuff, and how much money you received from other sources. While a Balance Sheet Report shows you the overall worth of your business PLUS how much money you put into your business out of your own pocket and how much money you took out of your business (to pay yourself).
- That it can take roughly 15 different spreadsheets to create REAL financials? And that you’ll end up entering the same numbers in multiple spreadsheets in order to record a single business transaction. Not that your bookkeeping can’t be done using spreadsheets – it’s just going to take a lot of extra time and work.
So, if you’ve been struggling with that simple 1 or 2 page spreadsheet that you downloaded – now you know why. And these are only 3 of many reasons why spreadsheets were never designed to replace software for your bookkeeping needs.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this FREE 90 minute webinar:
(You can download a .pdf of the slides used in this webinar so you can take notes.)
- Spreadsheets or software, which should you choose?
- Pro’s & Con’s of using spreadsheets vs. software
- Online (cloud based) software vs. software that’s installed on your computer
- Pricing (and those hidden gotcha’s that could end up dipping into your yarn budget)
- Three MAJOR bookkeeping pain points that makers & designers face and a comparison of how each one is handled using spreadsheets and software.
- Tracking Cost of Goods Sold
- Tracking Sales Tax
Watch the “Thinking of ditching the spreadsheets” webinar now!
If you’re thinking about REALLY getting a handle on your bookkeeping in 2020
Sign up for my course “How to design a bookkeeping system for your handmade or creative business”
- Enrollment will open again later this year (October/November), click here to sign up
- One-time Cost of $199.99 (THIS IS AN INTRODUCTORY OFFER – PRICING WILL INCREASE)
- Provides LIFETIME access
- Teaches you how to set up and use a bookkeeping system in BOTH spreadsheets and software